Fancy joining us but not sure where to start? MAD Walkers welcomes prospective new members and you can try as many as 3 walks or socials before joining the group through the Ramblers Association.
Our walks are open to anyone and you don’t even need to book. Our Walks page lets you know all the information you need for a particular walk, from the length, grade and approximate duration, as well as our meet-up points.
We recommend that you wear a good pair of walking boots, and preferably no jeans. You can read more about being prepared on our Before Walking page.
We have regular pub nights every 1st Wednesday at The Knott Bar which are a great opportunity to meet both existing and other new members. Our next night is on Wednesday 7 February at The Knott Bar from 20:00 onwards. If you are new to the group, ask for Mad Walkers.
All other socials are detailed on our Socials page.
Why join MAD Walkers?Joining Ramblers
As well as joining Britain’s biggest walking community charity, you also help with their charitable work and campaign on relevant issues, and these benefits:
- Four issues of Walk magazine a year
- 15% Cotswold Outdoor discount & other offers
- Access to the Ramblers extensive Ordnance Survey Maps library
All for as little as £34.50 each year – more details are available on the Ramblers website: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/get-involved/become-a-member.aspx.
Joining MAD Walkers
Being a member of our group means you are able to not only join any of our walks (and most socials), but also:
- Weekends away
- Restricted socials, such as the Christmas Party
- Facebook members page access
Want to become a member?
You can join MAD Walkers through the Ramblers' become a member page. You can pay by card or set up a direct debit. To ensure that you are correctly allocated to our group's membership list, please select ‘MAD Walkers (Manchester & District)’ in the ‘Your group’ section.
Already a member of Ramblers?
If you are already a member of the Ramblers Association, you are welcome to join us on any of our walks or pub meets. But if you want to designate MAD Walkers as your group, you can transfer your membership at no cost to yourself.
- Simply click ‘Login’, located at the top of the Ramblers website: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/
- Either login with your details, or select the ‘Register now’ option.
- Once logged in, click on ‘My Account’ at the top of the screen. Then click ‘Update profile’.
- In the ‘Your group’ section, choose the ‘Greater manchester and High peak’ from theArea dropdown menu, and then ‘Mad Walkers (Manchester & District) from the Group dropdown menu. Click ‘Update’.
Alternatively, you can contact the Ramblers membership team on 0207 339 8595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any member enquiries, email email@example.com.